11 Days until Christmas
280 days until International Talk Like a Pirate Day!!
In this issue:
Meet Cap'n Slappy in Los Angeles
If you're in the Los Angeles area, this Sunday, Dec. 18, take the kids to meet Cap'n Slappy in his guise as Pirate Santa!
Slappy will give out trinkets to the tots, who also can sit on his lap (make sure they've had their shots) AND you can buy a copy of the book, "Pirate Santa!" It makes a great gift, so you'll want to buy MANY copies.
Slappy, Talderoy, Juns and the whole gang involved in the production of "Pirate Santa" will be at the Studio City Farmers Market for the annual Christmas celebration. It runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Ventura Place between Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Radford Avenue. Parking will be available at CBS Studios and in the Chase Bank parking lot.
Mister Mac (Aloysious McKnucklepuck) will perform his piratical tunes, and there will be plenty of other pirates on hand to create that festive freebooter atmosphere that screams "Merry Christmas!" Bring the kids! Bring Grandma – at cutlass point if necessary! Tell your friends if you have any. But please don't tell the Royal Navy because some o' these rovers have bounties on their heads.
And if you can't make it to the market for some lame reason like – I don't know – you live 4,000 miles away, you can always order yourself a copy by going to http://talklikeapirate.com/pirate-santa-book.html and following the link to the "Pirate Santa" web site.
Remember – Regular Santa keeps a list of who's naughty and who's nice. Pirate Santa keeps a list of who hasn't bought his book yet. Ye don't want to disappoint him, now do ye?
I didn't think so.
For Yer Holiday Viewing Pleasure
Nothin' says "Happy Christmas, ye kelp-festooned sea dog!" like gatherin' the family around the flickering glow of yer computer screen and watching a pirate Christmas video on youtube. Like these!
- Our friend Tom Mason of the Blue Buccaneer offers this Christmas tune that cracked me up – especially the last line: "Yo ho ho pa-rum-pum-pum-pum." Check it out here:
- And don't forget this Christmas classic - "Pirate Plunderland" sung by yours truly.
A Little Last Minute Shopping
And if ye still need a few last minute gifts, check out our links pages
- This one will take you to a place you can order our books
- This one will take you to our Cafe Press store where T-shirts, mugs and many other products abound!
- And this will take you to our main links page where you'll find links to pirate apps for your smartphone, genuine pirate garb from people who know what they're doing, weapons, hats, leather work and much more!
- And if you're shopping online for last minute gifts at Amazon, if you get there via the link on our home page, http://talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html, the one that says, "Buy Our Book from Amazon.com," we get a couple of extra pennies on every item you buy and it doesn't cost you anything. So you might keep that in mind, thank you very much.
** From here in the Caribbean, Merry Holidays and a Piratey Christmas from Ol' Chumbucket, Mad Sally and the Bucket Clan, and from Cap'n Slappy and Jezebel the Web Wench in the Pacific Northwest! And may our paths cross in the coming year!
Ol' Chumbucket, editor