What does it take to throw a Talk Like A Pirate Day Party? A little imagination, an approximation of pirate garb, some tasty food and beverages, and a place to drop anchor. That’s about it.
Oh, and let us know about it so we can add ye to this year’s Googly Map o’ Pirate Fun!
If ye need a few ideas, we’ve got ’em:
- Invitations, posters, etc.
- Grog (aka drinks recipes), alcoholic and otherwise
- Grub (aka food recipes & ideas)
- Yer basic, printable TLAPD parrrty invitation
- Party invitation poster
- Subtle poster for those stuck in the office on Sept. 19
- Rudimentary e-card to send to yer friends (with instructions)
Remember: It’s Talk Like A Pirate Day, not Dress Like A Pirate Day. We know lots o’ fans like to add some authentic (or not-so-authentic) touches to their wardrobe on the Big Day, but it’s not a requirement – unless ye happen to be heading for a parrrty or, say, Krispy Kreme for their annual doughnut giveaway. In that case, feel free to check out the Pirate Gear & Garb section of our Links page – or Google “pirate costume” to find roughly a zillion mass-market costume/fancy dress vendors who all sell more or less the same products. And if all else fails, here’s a sheet of custom ITLAPD eyepatches ye can download and print: eyepatch